The application period commences on 1st February and ends on 15th May of every year. Applicants can only apply in the year they intend to start the MMT. The MMT program follows the German semester structure and timetable and commences with the start of each winter semester.
Applicants are required to submit their application via the online application form. We plan with a two-level application process, whereby the proces is still subject to approval of the amendment of the statutes by the university senate. This form of application requires next to information on your person, education, practical experience and your transcripts also an essay. This essay is designed to determine whether you have the skills and knowledge that are pivotal for you to succeed in the MMT program. The essay is limited to 5 pages and will include a management and an informatics challenge. The first level will thus assess the eligibility with the formal criteria, while the second level will evaluate the performance in the essay.
In case an application is not successfull, the applicant may repeat the application once.
The application process is as follows:
Application form and documents
Starting February 1st 2022, the application form can be accessed here (open until May 15th 2022) - please be careful to answer the essay exercises as specified below.
You application will require the following information and documents:
- Personal information
- Information on your education and suitability of your major and minor (incl. the courses countring towards your minor) (note: if you need to catch up on informatics ECTS counting towards your minor consider our MMT-specific online course 'Basics in Programming')
- Bachelor certificate (or transcript if eligible)
- Certificate for proof of English proficiency
- Completed Essay Assignment (Exercises 1 & 2) - Click here to retrieve assigment
Candidate Assessment Days
If an application complies with the requirements and the essay assignment was successful, students are invited to participate in a two-day assessment event (usually in June).
- Day 1: Written examination - open questions in business administration and informatics topics
- Day 2: Oral examination - group interview of four candidates held by two professors with a background in business and informatics (60 minutes)
If both the written and the oral examination are successful, you will be accepted to the MMT program. The event can be undergone fully online.
Admission and Enrollment
In the case of a successful application, you receive a letter of acceptance that enables the enrollment at LMU.
- German educational residents (Germans & Internationals with German Bachelor’s degree): enroll at Studentenkanzlei.
- Internationals (with foreign education): apply at the International Office until 15th July of the respective intake year. Only after receiving an additional letter of acceptance issued by the International Office, internationals may enroll at the Studentenkanzlei.
Please check the "Guide to Master Studies for International Students at LMU" for additional information.
Please review the FAQ section for further details.
- Essay for MMT application (161 KByte)